Other places and activities
La Galerie du vitrail
Outside view of the Galerie du Vitrail
La Galerie du Vitrail
Created in 1976 by Micheline Loire, facing the north porch of Chartres Cathedral.
This unique gallery offers more than 250 m² a discovery of the different aspects of stained glass:
- Exhibition and sale of contemporary stained glass windows by French and foreign artists.
- Exhibition and sale of old stained glass windows, especially from the 19th and early 20th century
- A specialized bookstore with more than 350 book titles dedicated to stained glass
- A "shop" space with mirrors, lamps, glass objects ...
- A space "Stained Glass Leisure" porposing glass, lead and tools necessary for the realization of stained glasses.
- An annual exhibition from June to Spetember devoted to a technique, a theme, a school or an artist.
From October 1st to April 30th: open from Tuesday to Saturday from 10:30 to 13h and from 14h to 18h30